Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Healthy DELICIOUS MEAT BALLS!!! REVISED

Who loves meatballs and pasta? 
EVERYONE I HOPE!
This is a simple, affordable, and healthy meal that I make every other week. 

FACT: I am part Italian so I love the carb dishes- but I learned about complex carbs! I am eating my cake and having it too ;)

Lets get started:

Ingredients:
- 1 lb. of ground turkey meat
- 1 cup of bread crumbs (try to find wheat ones if you can with some parmesan [most whole foods or Fresh Market stores have them) If you cannot find it use what crackers and crunch them up finely with oregano and basil! BOTH are tasty!
- 1 large egg
- 2 dashes of cayenne pepper
- 1 dash of garlic salt
- 2 heavy dashes of italian seasoning
- tiny splash of skim milk
- 2 squirts of dijon mustard FOR MOISTURE

Hint: you can add chopped onion or red bell pepper for more crunch!
ADD more bread crumbs if they seem to liquid or soggy

Method: 
  1. Get a big mixing bowl and add all of your ingredients and hand mix them
  2. When you have it fully mixed up ball of the meat balls into a golf ball size ball 
  3. set them on a aluminum foil line baking pan and put in the over on 350 degrees for 18 minutes
  4. add them to a tasty sauce that's home made or a low sugar jar one!

ENJOY! 

1 comment:

  1. I love turkey meatballs! The addition of pepper and onion is simply delicious. Happy to be your newest follower, Samantha!

    ReplyDelete